Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Shopping!

How do you classify someone who goes shopping all afternoon and returns home with three shirts and a north face zip hoodie after spending a grand total of $13.67?
I love shopping but I always end up buying stuff from the thrift stores in this town rather than at the mall. Becoming athletic-minded has made me such an athletic-gear fashion horse! I want everything Nike Woman makes. With my race coming up this weekend I don't have time for new shoes, let alone new Merrell barefoot shoes (I run in conventional Nike Moto +8) that take 6 weeks to transition to and are probably a bad idea. Though after this race, it will likely be time for new shoes - there's maybe 150 miles left in my current pair and 50 in my training pair. I get 300 miles out of a pair if I am really lucky right now, but I'd rather save my feet than risk anything permanent.

Enough about my feet. The nasty part of graveyard shift has hit me full force now and I got mean this weekend. Fortunately it didn't stop me from going 3/2 in my five fights at Saturday's tournament and doing very well at practice on Sunday. I'm glad my fencing is improving - I hope it gets really good before I go so that maybe they remember me when I get back from school, I'd hate to lose all my currency toward the next award level. We don't have tests for levels, those of the level meet and discuss the lower levels and about once a year they choose to elevate someone based on a number of factors. With school looming I anticipate it will now be at least 5 more years before I qualify, and that is 5 AFTER I get back, if they elevate me at all.

Well, more better info tomorrow night... I'm off to make a t-shirt quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment