I got so much done Friday I deserved a day off! I ordered tank tops from Target (favorite style tank in many colors) that were free shipping. Yay for working around the fact that there are no big box stores in 50 miles of here except Kmart and Sears. Speaking of which- I then went to try on coveralls at Sears. They had one size medium navy short sleeve in the smallest section in the back basement of the store. But it fit passably.
I then took my Honda in for an oil change and to schedule the 60,000 mile service and they totally had time on the Friday before Labor day weekend to do the service and replace my rear brake pads! While waiting for my car I had an epic cheeseburger as a treat and walked over to Alpha to do some thrifting. Boy did I get lucky, they had another Red Octane guitar controller! So now the total amount I've spent getting Guitar Hero gear to play with: $14.97 that's $3.99 for the first controller, $5.99 for GH 3 - Legends of Rock and $4.99 for my second controller. Not bad for feeding my addiction.
After that I went for an 8 mile run. Eight miles, while there were a few walk breaks involved, I turned in a passable time and it makes me feel better about the impending half marathon. Especially when I factor in the walk home and it comes to 9 and a bit. The best part was starting the run late, it was about 7pm when I set out and the sun set faster than I expected. There was a wonderful moon down on the waterfront however and it was balmy without the direct sunshine of midday. I also ran down State St. on a Friday, so great people watching was had too!
But this post is about my lazy Saturday, not Friday. I slept in all the way to 8:45am, not the best start for my transitional weekend for night shift, but I'll take it. Sean made eggs and maple sausages for breakfast and then we took off to play disc golf. If you've never played, it is so much easier than real golf and a great way to get outside for free. We have two courses in the area, the one we played is a 9 hole in the student community called the "Isla Vista Peace Course." After that, Sean made an even more delicious dinner of pork loin glazed in ginger syrup and maple spice rub with wild rice. I'm going to miss the home cooking in Grenada I think.





No comments:
Post a Comment