Gosh, it's been a while since I posted here. I guess I felt so down after being wait-listed by Western that I gave up on this whole idea. Didn't want to be that chick that whined at my non-existent readers about everything.
Well. I'm back. I've been accepted to St. George's University, Grenada, West Indies for their DVM/MPH dual-degree. I don't even know where to start with how grateful I am to everyone who supported me in my path to get here. Right now I'm still in shock, and yet trying to take care of as much as I can as fast as I can. I've got about four months left at my job, but I'm going back to graveyards rotation on Tuesday. Then again, once the schedules adjust, graves might not be that bad, if it means less public contact and customer service chit-chat. I don't wish emergencies on anyone, but I'd much rather actually help someone in an emergency than field 50 calls about where the live scan office is and how to do things for your child who is an adult.
So on my list right now:
-Flights to and from Grenada
-Supplies I'll need (I still have no idea where to start with some of them)
-Decide whether or not I want to do the masters in public health (I'm 90% sure this is a yes.)
-Decide when to leave my job. (I know everyone says to do this earlier and take the time off with family but I don't want to forgo the pay, benefits etc. and I'm not sure I can justify living without an income for more than half a month.)
And those are just the big ones biting at me.
Maybe more important than all that is the half marathon I'm hoping to finish. It's coming up in 17 days! I'm woefully under prepared of course, but I will finish it, dang it! Anyway, there are lots of things going on in my life right now, some of which I want to happen faster, others I'd love to not face at all.
The Bottom line: Four and a half years from right now, I will be fromthebox, DVM!
No comments:
Post a Comment