Behold! A blog. A blog about my hopes of getting in to veterinary school, the process of getting in and what I'm doing while waiting to get in, 911 dispatching.
There is no glamor in dispatching, we are the forgotten side of emergency services. Everyone remembers (and rightly so) the heroics of the cops or firemen on scene. Very few realize that those cops and firemen get a lot of help from the dispatchers behind the scene. We tell them who what why and where before they get there, so that they are prepared going in. We get that information through many sources. One of the most important is other human beings, callers who find themselves in terrible, crazy and confusing situations who look to us to help them, save them or fix what is wrong. There. I think I've given the profession a sheen of glory, it is a great thing to have been a part of.
What I'm really here to post about is veterinary school. This year was my second year applying to vet school, and I had five rejections and one interview. Western University of Health Sciences is my last hope for this cycle, and I'm really hoping to get in. Not only because it means I could start on my career but because I am not enjoying dispatch as much these days. I am ready to move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment