Friday, August 31, 2012

Day Off

Today begins the weekend before I return to graveyards. I'm obviously not adjusting right now as it's 9am and here I am blogging. Soon I'll be waking up at 3pm and going to bed at 8am. My mission for the weekend is to get back in the groove of bringing lunch and dinner to work instead of breakfast and lunch. I usually do this with frozen food and supplement with Sean's excellent cooking when he has time to cook.

My other mission is to find another guitar controller so we can both play Guitar Hero and Rockband at the same time. Watching Sean play last night was fun, but I'd rather be part of it than an observer.

And then there's the run. Today is my long run day. I've got a half marathon in 16 days. I'm going to try for 8 miles today. Shame is it will probably be the longest run I've done pre-race because I need to start taper a week from Sunday and schedule-wise I won't have the time for that distance. If you thought I was fast- think again. I'm hoping for a 2:30+ half if not to just finish the thing. If I have a bad day it could be 3hrs or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment